PART 1; My Love For Dogs Vs Sickle Cell Anaemia.

Am Ajayi Babajide Olusegun ,Ekiti man born in Lagos state, on the 19th of August 1991, have always loved dogs. I and my parents never knew my genotype was SS, was made to believe it was AA at the hospital where I was born, my first sickle cell crisis was when I was 6yrs old.

I was playing soccer with my friends in front of our block, was about to score a goal when I felt a sharp pain in my thighs and my back, had to sit down thinking the pain would go , it did for some seconds and came back slowly, building up , really couldn't comprehend what was happening, I started feeling so much pain, started crying, couldn't stand up to go home because my thighs were hurting, had to scream for my friends to carry me home, they all asked ' who beat you?' lmao , and I would reply saying ' the pain is too much' several times, neighbours came around, they didn't understand, it felt like I was being possessed because touching me would hurt me and make me scream, they all tried there best to comfort me till my Dad got back from work, He saw me and I could see the confusion on his face, he rushed me to the hospital, the nurses took my vitals and the doctor examined me and said it was malaria, was given series of pain killers, injections
before I could calm down, my dad had always suspected it was more than malaria but who was he to argue with the doctor, so he kept close watch on me.

A couple months past and it happened again, also while playing soccer, it didn't warn me, it just happened, have never felt such pain in my life, it was terrible, my mum was home, neighbours came around again, called my mum and she carried me home to apply ROBB a popular brand of balm at that time, she thought the pain would reduce after sometime since she applied it but I kept screaming like a person undergoing deliverance in church, then she knew this wasn't just a case of leg n back pain, she carried me to the hospital, I was on drip, malaria treatment and pain killers for 2 days before I was fine, but this time around I knew in me this isn't malaria, for a 6yr old I was too inquisitive, so I stopped playing soccer indefinitely and wanted to find out what was making me feel so much pain......



To Be Continued...............
Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: