How To Do Relate With 'Giving'? - Empowerment For Today, Tuesday, 29th July 2014. @EFTDevotionals

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

The Fall

A man named Jack was walking along a steep cliff one day, when he accidentally got too close to the edge and fell. On the way down he grabbed a branch, which temporarily stopped his fall. He looked down and to his horror saw that the canyon fell straight down for more than a thousand feet.
He couldn't hang onto the branch forever, and there was no way for him to climb up the steep wall of the cliff. So Jack began yelling for help, hoping that someone passing by would hear him and lower a rope or something.
HELP! HELP! Is anyone up there? "HELP!"
He yelled for a long time, but no one heard him. He was about to give up when he heard a voice. Jack, Jack. Can you hear me?"
"Yes, yes! I can hear you. I'm down here!"
"I can see you, Jack. Are you all right?"
"Yes, but who are you, and where are you?
"I am the Lord, Jack. I'm everywhere."
"The Lord? You mean, GOD?"
"That's Me."
"God, please help me! I promise if, you'll get me down from here, I'll stop sinning. I'll be a really good person. I'll serve You for the rest of my life."
"Easy on the promises, Jack. Let's get you off from there; then we can talk."
"Now, here's what I want you to do. Listen carefully."
"I'll do anything, Lord. Just tell me what to do."
"Okay. Let go of the branch.""What?" "I said, let go of the branch. Just trust Me. Let go."
There was a long silence.
Finally Jack yelled, "HELP! HELP! IS ANYONE ELSE UP THERE?"

A Word for Today

How to do relate with 'giving'?

"Despite their desires, the lazy will come to ruin, for their hands refuse to work. Some people are always greedy for more, but the godly love to give."
-Proverbs 21:25-26 (NLT)

Our text says that the godly 'love' to give, they have a good relationship with giving, an adage says, 'the hand that gives is always on top', some people only are concerned about themselves. They hoard possessions and focus their attention on getting pleasure and being rewarded for their efforts, the Bible warns us specifically that these are characteristics of "the sluggard or the lazy man."
A sluggard is not concerned with faithfulness or responsibility, but wants to do as little as possible. Instead of working, such a person is filled with cravings for things "all day long", they look for ways to get rather than give, their hand is always below stretched out to receive. Albert Einstein said, "The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving." Some people's lives are of low value because they are always receiving and never giving or blessing lives around them.
The people who fear and please God are different, they seek to order their lives according to His Word, they desire to do the right thing and work hard, as unto the Lord (Colossians 3:23-34).
Those who aim to please God have an attitude of giving. They realize that everything they have is a gift from Him. Since the Bible tells us "God loves a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:7), they look for opportunities to give instead of receiving, they are generous and do not "hold back."
Examine your life today, what is your attitude toward possessions, gifts, talents? Are you a selfish or a generous person? Do you hoard your time and resources? Do you pursue every opportunity to serve GOD with the resources He has given you?
Be challenged to use your talents and invest your resources to advance God's Kingdom. Seek to obey and serve Him, and cultivate a life of giving. Be generous with what God has given you, and don't hold back!

Confession

I am a giver, my hands will always be on top, I will always work hard and freely share the time, talent, and treasure and resources God has given to me. Halleluyah

Thoughts for Inspiration

"The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving."
-Albert Einstein

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read PROV 4-6

Twitter & Facebook

You can follow us on Twitter….@EFTDevotionals and also Join our facebook group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

If you have said this prayer from your heart, congratulations! Please email us at admin@empowermenthouse.com, we will like to know you better and help you grow in your new faith.


Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Subscribe To BBM Channel -; C002C4E41
Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; @rawnaija_gist

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: