All 'that' is yours! Empowerment for Today, Tuesday, 8th July 2014

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

Major Problem

A major was assigned to a new office on a military base. While he worked to set up his office, a private knocked on the door. The major quickly picked up the phone and motioned for the private to enter.
On the phone the major said, "Yes, General Schwarzkopf, I think that is an excellent idea. . . . No sir, that's fine, you feel free to call me any time. I'm glad I can help. . . . Yes sir, I will, and you give my best to your family as well. Thank you sir, and a good day to you too, General Schwarzkopf."
As the major hung up the phone he turned to the private and asked, "What can I do for you, private?"
Sheepishly, the private mumbled, "Um, sir, I'm just here to hook up your phone."

A Word for Today

All 'that' is yours!

"but he answered his father, 'Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends…….And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours."
-LUKE 15:29 & 31 (ESV)

Identity crisis, low self-esteem, self-righteousness are some of the things the big brother of the popular 'prodigal son' was suffering from, he had an upright disposition…"I have been serving you all these while…" and felt he was all righteous, he had a small mentality.. "you never gave me a small goat". Quite some believers are like this guy, our eyes have been blinded to who we really are in Christ and what we have access to, we are so engrossed in our self-righteousness to fully understand our place in Christ, hence experiencing defeat in our lives.

The bible says that if any man be IN Christ, he is a new creature…being IN Christ comes with certain benefits, the book of Romans says we are now joint heirs with Christ, therefore, everything He has access to is all ours as well. In other words, whatever cannot hold Christ down should not be able to hold us down, Ephesians says God has raised us up together with Christ and made us to sit with Him in heavenly places. We cannot afford to keep going around with the mentality of this big brother, hoping that we will get by, allowing the devil to torment us with sickness, poverty, depression, low self-worth etc, the father told the guy that he had access to all he had, meanwhile the guy was thinking 'young goat'. You are better than this; you have a great inheritance in Christ, as long as you stay connected to Him and refuse to lose focus. Begin today to dig deeper and identify your new creature realties and begin to walk in it. There is no limit in God, the sky is your beginning.
Shalom!

Confession

I am a new creature in Christ, I refuse to live below my potential all that the Father has is mine, I choose to walk in my new creature realities. Halleluyah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on."
-Maxwell Maltz

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read Psalms 104-106

Twitter & Facebook

You can follow us on Twitter….@EFTDevotionals and also Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Subscribe To BBM Channel -; C002C4E41
Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; @rawnaija_gist

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: