Before Time Began! - Empowerment for Today, Thursday, 2nd October 2014. @EFTDevotionals

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

The Mechanical Doctor

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a motorcycle when he spotted a well known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was waiting for the service manager to look at his bike.
The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, can I ask you a question?"
The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic who was working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands and said, "So doc, look at this engine, I open its heart, take valves out, fix them, put 'em back and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"
The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over and whispered to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running."

A Word for Today

From Before Time Began!

"Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."
-Psalm 90:2 (NIV)

God is God and He is God all by Himself, He needs no one to be god, He has been before the world began and He will still be God after the world ceases to be. He has no beginning neither does He have an end. As human beings, we are used to things having a beginning and an end, Ecc 3 says that there's a time for everything, there is a time to start things and a time to wrap them up. Our tiny minds are so finite that we cannot possibly comprehend things that are beyond our existing paradigms.
God on the other hand, has been around forever. There has never been a time where He didn't exist. Before the mountains were created, before the earth spun on its axis, God was. He was not born and He will not die. He is the everlasting God. He lives forever. While this thought might have a tendency to short circuit the wiring in our brain, may we ask God by the power of His Holy Spirit to help us comprehend His everlasting nature.
I believe that the more we can meditate on the amazing vastness of our God and Father, we will begin to realize that He created us to experience this eternal life with Him! And the eternal life that He wants us to live is really not a time continuum or a destination, but a relationship. In Jesus' high priestly prayer in John 17:3, He describes eternal life like this...Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. (NIV)
Having a deeper understanding of who God is, will help us trust Him more with our lives, if He has not mismanaged the world, He cannot mismanage our lives, He is the all-knowing God, He knew us before we were formed, our times and seasons are in His hands.
May each one of us take great comfort in knowing that our Father is the everlasting God and He has called us to live an everlasting life with Him!
Shalom!

Confession


You are God alone, from before time began, You are on the throne and You reign forever, I put my trust in You I know I will never be put to shame. Halleluyah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light."
-Helen Keller

Twitter & Facebook

You can follow us on Twitter….@EFTDevotionals and also Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

If you have said this prayer from your heart, congratulations! Please email us at admin@empowermenthouse.com, we will like to know you better and help you grow in your new faith.


Do you have a story for publication?
Send your press releases/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Subscribe To BBM Channel -; C002C4E41
Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; @rawnaija_gist
Via BBM-; 26BBFE9D

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: