Use Your Shield - Empowerment For Today, Thursday, 11th September 2014.

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

Points to heaven?

A man dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter meets him at the pearly gates. St. Peter says, "Here's how it works. You need 100 points to make it into heaven. You tell me all the good things you've done, and I give you a certain number of points for each item, depending on how good it was. When you reach 100 points, you get in." "Okay" the man says, "I attended church every Sunday" "That's good, says St. Peter, " that's worth two points" "Two points?" he says. "Well, I gave 10% of all my earnings to the church" "Well, let's see," answers Peter, "that's worth another 2 points. Did you do anything else?" "Two points? Golly. How about this: I started a soup kitchen in my city and worked in a shelter for homeless veterans." "Fantastic, that's certainly worth a point, " he says. "hmmm...," the man says, "I was married to the same woman for 50 years and never cheated on her, even in my heart." "That's wonderful," says St. Peter, "that's worth three points!" "THREE POINTS!!" the man cries, "At this rate the only way I get into heaven is by the grace of God!" St. Peter answers, "Come on in!"

A Word for Today

Use your Shield

"Every Word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to Him for protection."
-Proverbs 30:5 (NLT)

A shield is usually part of the important accessories for battle, it is a broad piece of metal or another suitable material, held by straps or a handle attached on one side, used as a protection against blows or missiles. It is usually worn in front of the chest to protect the heart, our heart is important, the bible says to guard our hearts with all diligence because out it of comes the issues of life. The Word of God is our shield, as much as we need to have hope and faith in God, we also need to apply His Word to our lives in order to get results. James 1:22-25. Says "But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it." We need to make plain the Word of God as it relates to our different situations and run with it. The Word always proves true, it can never lose its potency, if our hearts are well guarded with God's Word, we will be continue to live a victorious life. Exposing our hearts can be dangerous, if the heart is attacked, every other part suffers, we can secure our hearts with the Word of God, our shield is available, we need to make use of it, a deep understanding of the Word of God will eradicate fear and doubt from our lives. Remember, the only sure guarantee in life is the Word of God, Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever". Follow the prescription of God's Word, and you will enjoy lasting blessings.

Confession

The Word of God is my shield, I am protected from the missiles of the enemy, I am a victor, I shall not be afraid. Halleluyah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"Look up and not down; look forward and not back; look out and not in; and lend a hand".
-E. E. Hale

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read Isaiah 61-66

Twitter & Facebook

You can follow us on Twitter….@EFTDevotionals and also Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

If you have said this prayer from your heart, congratulations! Please email us at admin@empowermenthouse.com, we will like to know you better and help you grow in your new faith.



Do you have a story for publication?
Send your press releases/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Subscribe To BBM Channel -; C002C4E41
Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; @rawnaija_gist
Via BBM-; 26BBFE9D

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: