Reasonable Service- Empowerment for Today, Monday, 1st September 2014. @EFTDevotionals

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

A Problem With Teeth

This minister just had all of his remaining teeth pulled and new dentures were being made. The first Sunday, he only preached 10 minutes. The second Sunday, he preached only 20 minutes. But, on the third Sunday, he preached 1 hour 25 minutes.

When asked about this by some of the congregation, he responded this way.

The first Sunday, my gums were so sore it hurt to talk.

The second Sunday, my dentures were hurting a lot.

The third Sunday, I accidentally grabbed my wife's dentures... and I couldn't stop talking!

A Word for Today

Reasonable Service

"I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship".

-Romans 12:1 (AMP)

Happy New Month, Welcome to the 1st day of the 9th month of 2014. Glory to God for His goodness and mercies. We make different choices in life every time, and our choices in turn determine the results we see in our lives, and God being a just God never forces anyone to do anything, He simply lays before us what He expects us to do and allows us to make a choice. Apostle Paul is telling us today, to make a decision to dedicate of all the members of our bodies as a living sacrifice to God, to devote and consecrate ourselves wholly to God.
It's a choice we have to make, we cannot profess to be Christians and our lives negate the dictates of the Word of God.
Many will say, 'oh, but I keep my body holy, I don't fornicate or commit adultery..', that is great, but what about your tongue?, what about your heart?, what sort of things come from your mouth, what sort of thoughts goes on in your heart?
We are been challenged to present ALL the members of our bodies Holy unto God, which is our reasonable service and spiritual worship. We need to give ourselves the REASON to make the right choices, when our mind catches this profound truth, we will not struggle to obey God.
Our service and worship to God ought to show in the way we conduct ourselves, not just when we serve in church or sing songs to worship God, outside of that in our day to day service, we must watch what we say (Proverbs 6:2) and the thoughts that goes on in our mind, (Philippians 4:8), it's only rational and reasonable to do that, as God is not asking too much of us in that respect.

Confession

I choose to dedicate every member of my body as a living sacrifice, Holy and well pleasing to God as my reasonable service and spiritual worship. Halleluyah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."
-Helen Keller

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read Isaiah 27-30

Twitter & Facebook

You can follow us on Twitter….@EFTDevotionals and also Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

If you have said this prayer from your heart, congratulations! Please email us at admin@empowermenthouse.com, we will like to know you better and help you grow in your new faith.


Do you have a story for publication?
Send your press releases/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Subscribe To BBM Channel -; C002C4E41
Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; @rawnaija_gist
Via BBM-; 26BBFE9D

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: