Are You Looking UP? - Empowerment For Today, Monday, 25th August 2014. @EFTDevotionals

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

Beware of Dog

Upon entering a little country store, the stranger noticed a sign warning, "Danger! Beware of dog!" posted on the glass door. Inside, he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?" he asked the owner.
"Yep, that's him," came the reply.
The stranger couldn't help but be amused. "That certainly doesn't look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
"Because," the owner explained, "Before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."

A Word for Today

Are you looking UP?

"And the Lord said to Moses, Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole; and everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live."
-Numbers 21:8 (AMP)

Often times when we find ourselves in trouble, we tend to look in certain direction to get help, the children of Israel were in serious trouble and many were losing their lives, they were been bitten by snakes, and turned to Moses for answers. Moses prayed to God, and God instructed him to direct the people to look up to a bronze serpent, which in the New Testament represents Jesus who hung up on the cross. We need to note that Jesus finished it all on the cross, we can now lift up our heads to Him, we can look up to Him for help.
The Psalmist understood the importance of looking up, 'I will lift up my eyes to the hills-From whence comes my help, My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth'. {Psalm 121:1-2} We need to understand that real help comes from God alone, the creator of heaven and earth, man's help is unreliable and can fail but God cannot fail. It might look easier to just settle for man's help as it might be logical to us, but we must understand that God's ways are not our ways, and whatever He tells us to do will bring a permanent solution to our problems. He has the answer to whatever challenges we may be facing. The same power that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead is available to quicken and HELP us. (Rom 8:11). Let's learn to look up to the 'I AM that I AM', the Immortal, the Invincible, the Only Wise God and as we do, we will overcome.

Confession

I Look up to you O Lord, and believe that you will perfect all that concerns me today. Halleluyah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind'.
-Unknown

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read Isaiah 18-20

Twitter & Facebook

You can follow us on Twitter…. @EFTDevotionals and also Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

If you have said this prayer from your heart, congratulations! Please email us at admin@empowermenthouse.com, we will like to know you better and help you grow in your new faith.


Do you have a story for publication?
Send your press releases/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Subscribe To BBM Channel -; C002C4E41
Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; @rawnaija_gist
Via BBM-; 26BBFE9D

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: