What Is In Your Storage?- Empowerment for Today, Monday, 30th June 2014. @EFTDevotionals

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

Borrowing!

After shopping for most of the day, a couple returns to find their car has been stolen. They go to the police station to make a full report. Then, a detective drives them back to the parking lot to see if any evidence can be found at the scene of the crime. To their amazement, the car has been returned.
There is an envelope on the wind-shield with a note of apology and two tickets to a music concert. The note reads, "I apologize for taking your car, but my wife was having a baby and I had to hot-wire your ignition to rush her to the hospital. Please forgive the inconvenience. Here are two tickets for tonight's concert of Garth Brooks, the country-and-western music star."
Their faith in humanity restored, the couple attend the concert and return home late. They find their house has been robbed. Valuable goods have been taken from the house, from basement to attic. And, there is a note on the door reading, "Well, you still have your car. I have to put my newly born kid through college somehow, don't I?"

A Word for Today

What is in your storage?

"With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."
-Psalm 119:10&11 (ESV)

Storage is very important, almost every house has one, it helps planning and effective continuity, even our devices have storage. God made our hearts to be the storage of our lives, hence, how we maintain it and what we keep inside of it is of paramount importance. The mind is very delicate, the Word of God encourages us to guard our mind with all diligence, it's amazing what battle goes on in our mind constantly, and many are brought down because they allow their mind to wonder in ungodly directions. The Psalmist says he keeps the Word of God in his heart so as not to sin, so, primarily, what he stores in his heart is the Word of God, most often sin is birthed from evil thoughts (Matt 5:28), when we allow our minds to wonder and think about wrong things, it begins to dwell on these issues and there is no room for God's word in the storage of our minds.
We need to feed our mind with positive things, the Word of God. The mind is like a little child that needs to be trained as to what is allowed and disallowed, when negative thoughts begin to creep in, we must not even allow it to enter the door of our hearts, talk less of storing it there, once it knocks and we see that it's not pure, right, godly, of good report (Phil 4:8), we just need to shut the door in it's face and bring out the Word that we have kept in our hearts to overcome it. If our hearts is empty of the Word of God, we will have nothing to fight with. The mind cannot be idle, so we need to constantly fill it with the word of God so as to eradicate any negative stuff that we might have taken in unavoidably.

Confession

I will continuously store YOUR WORD in my heart dear Lord, and by YOUR grace I will never fall. Halleluiah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"I want to know all Gods thoughts; all the rest are just details."
-Albert Einstein

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read Psalms 83-85

Twitter & Facebook

You can follow us on Twitter….@EFTDevotionals and also Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Subscribe To BBM Channel -; C002C4E41
Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; @rawnaija_gist

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: