Still in fellowship? - Empowerment for Today, Wednesday, 4th June 2014

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

In God We Trust

I was sitting at a stop light this morning. The lady in front of me was going through papers on the seat of her car, and when the light changed to green she did not obey its command. You know, a green light is a commandment - NOT a suggestion. When the light turned to red, and she had still not moved, I began (with my windows up) screaming epithets and beating on my steering wheel.
My expressions of distress were interrupted by a policeman, gun drawn, tapping on my window. Against my protestations of, "You can't arrest me for hollering in my car," he ordered me into the back seat of his.
After about two hours in a holding cell, the arresting officer advised me I was free to go. I stormed out at him, "I knew you couldn't arrest me for yelling in my own car. You haven't heard the last of this."
The officer replied, "I didn't arrest you for shouting in your car. I was directly behind you at the light. I saw you screaming and beating your steering wheel, and I said to myself, "What a jerk. But there is nothing I can do to him for throwing a fit in his own car. Then I noticed the 'Cross' hanging from your rear view mirror, the bright yellow 'Choose Life' license tag, the 'Jesus is Coming Soon' bumper sticker, and the Fish symbol, and I thought you must have stolen the car!"

A Word for Today

Still in fellowship?

"And now, dear children, remain in fellowship with Christ so that when he returns, you will be full of courage and not shrink back from him in shame."
-1 John 2:28 (NLT)

Jesus Christ warned us about His second coming, stating that no one knows the time except God the Father, Matthew 24:36, and that His coming will be like that of a thief in the night, therefore, He admonished us to be ready for Him at all times. There was a time that many talked about Jesus' second coming, but it seems the attention has shifted from that to so many other things. This is a quick reminder for us all today that Jesus Christ is coming back soon, all the signs He spoke about in Matthew 24 are being seen today, wars, rumour of war, love of many is waxing cold, there is great level of wickedness, Christians are being hated the more…….
What is our attitude toward the coming of the Lord? All of us will stand before God and give an account of our lives. When we face Him, what will we say? Are we ready? Are we still in fellowship with Christ, or we are now majoring on the minor and getting involved with 'stuff' like a soldier meddling with civilian affairs? God has given us the resources we need to stand and be ready and He wants us to live in such a way that we always are confident. We need to abide in Him by being focused on obeying His Word and remaining conscious of His presence with us at all times. John also described a very practical way we can tell if we are pleasing God, If we are practicing righteousness. While we aren't saved by our words and deeds, what we say and do gives evidence of the real condition of our hearts. When others see us, what do they observe? When they hear us speak, what do they learn about our lives? Today, make sure that you're ready to stand before God. Declare that Jesus is your Lord. Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and make sure that you're living according to His Word. Sow Seeds from your time, talent, and treasure into His Kingdom, lay not treasures where moths will affect it but in heaven by your good deeds and following in the steps of your Master.

Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; http://twitter.com/rawnaija_gist
Website-; http://exclusiverawnaija.com

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: