Is Your Love Genuine? - Empowermrnt for Today, Tuesday, 17th June 2014

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

Reasonable Fee

A man phones a lawyer and asks, "How much would you charge for just answering three simple questions?"
The lawyer replies, "A thousand dollars."
"A thousand dollars!" exclaims the man. "That's very expensive isn't it?"
"It certainly is," says the lawyer. "Now, what's your third question?"

A Word for Today

Is your love genuine?

"The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith"
- 1 Timothy 1:5 ( NLT)

Apostle Paul is telling us today as believers that we ought to be filled with 'love that comes from a pure heart'. Love is one of the words that have been misinterpreted in this generation, many have interpreted love in so many wrong ways, and even as believers we are beginning to form our own ideology about what love should be. We feel we can only love those who love us, we say to ourselves, 'why should I be the one to greet first', 'why should I be the first one to take a step', or perhaps, you have been reaching out to someone and they are not responsive, you might want to give up on them and just leave them to themselves, imagine if God left you to yourself. God loves us so much that He was willing to keep reaching out to us until we accepted His love, He not only professed to love us but forgave us and gave His 'only son' to die for us. Pure love is not mere words alone, but is backed up by actions, it is amazing how many believers profess to be full of faith but empty of true love, you can not have genuine faith like our verse says today without exhibiting pure love.
'For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.' Galatians 5:6
Let us make up our minds to show love out of a pure heart to people around us, to the less privileged, those who are in need, forgive those who have hurt you, don't be weary in reaching to others.

Confession

I am filled with love that comes from a pure heart, and by the grace of God, my faith will express itself as I show true love to people around me. Halleluyah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"What you make happen for others, GOD, [not them] will make happen for you"
-Dr. Mike Murdock

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read Psalms 52-54

Facebook

Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

If you have said this prayer from your heart, congratulations! Please email us at admin@empowermenthouse.com, we will like to know you better and help you grow in your new faith.

Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; http://twitter.com/rawnaija_gist
Website-; http://exclusiverawnaija.com

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: