Do You Want More Wisdom? - Empowerment for Today, Tuesday, 24th June 2014

On a Lighter Note


(This section of this newsletter has no Biblical or theological significance, it is only meant to make you laugh or at least smile) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" (Proverbs: 17:22)

In need of help

A man was beaten up by robbers on the road. He lay on the side of the road, half dead.

A humanist came along, saw him and passed by on the other side.

A Samaritan came by and also crossed to the other side.

Finally, a modern Christian came along, looked at the man and said: "Whoever did this to you needs help."

A Word for Today

Do you want more wisdom?

If you punish a mocker, the simpleminded will learn a lesson; if you correct the wise, they will be all the wiser.
-Prov 19:25 (NLT)

The bible tells us that 'Wisdom' is the principal thing, and encourages us to go after wisdom. Nevertheless, our text tells us about another way to get wisdom which some people frown at. Mistakes are part of life, however, how we handle them goes a long way in determining what we get out of life, no one is above mistake, you can make a mistake, but how do you handle correction? Our text tells us that when the wise man is corrected, he becomes wiser, but the 'mocker', the Bible in Basic English calls him, 'the man of pride,' such a person can't handle correction. Prov 9:8, 'Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you, Reprove a wise man and he will love you'. The scoffer or prideful man always hates correction, they feel they are always right and will not even for once stop to think that they could be wrong. The willingness to be corrected and learn does not mean you are a fool, in fact, this is a sign of wisdom; it shows that you are wise. The bible also says that God corrects the child whom He loves, and every parent also will correct their child not because they are harsh, but because they love their kids and want the best for them in life. Those who humbly take correction in good faith will ultimately accumulate more wisdom in every area of life. Prov 1:23, 'If you will turn (repent) and give heed to my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit upon you, I will make my words known to you.' Pride is a killer, the bible says that, 'pride goes before a fall...Prov 16:18, so we must watch out for any sign of pride and deal with it. We need to constantly check our attitude to correction, do we react as a wise man or a scoffer who feel offended when corrected?
Psalm 141:5 'Let a righteous man strike me--it is a kindness; let him rebuke me--it is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it. Yet my prayer is ever against the deeds of evildoers'.

Confession

I operate with the wisdom of God, therefore I embrace correction with an open mind. Halleluyah!

Thoughts for Inspiration

"Listen to advice and accept correction, then in the end you will be wise."
-Proverbs quote

Bible in a year

To read the Bible through in year read Psalms 69-71

Facebook

Join our face book group or like our facebook page and comment on how the devotionals are being a blessing to you.

Have You Accepted Jesus into your life?

You can say this prayer now to accept His love...

Salvation Prayers

If you don't Know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and would like to accept him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, Please say this prayer: Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.



Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; http://twitter.com/rawnaija_gist
Website-; http://exclusiverawnaija.com

Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: