Smart People:  How Do I Know If I Am A Smart Person?

This is a true story.

My mother told me, when I was growing up, that my IQ was 100.
I believed her. She was my mother.
There was a part of me that questioned that. I got good grades. I was put into classes with what I thought were "smart" kids.

I always felt inferior to everyone because I had a low IQ, it was 100, and I lived the first 23 years of my life believing this and acting accordingly.
I went to college. I thought it was odd that I did, having such a low IQ, but I went, I graduated, I became a teacher.

When I was 25 I started teaching at the high school that I had graduated from and one day I asked the principal of the school if they kept the old IQ tests from the students.
They did.
I found mine.

According to the test, I'm really pretty smart.

I lived my first 25 years thinking I was not smart, I've lived the next 43 years making up for the first 25.

Mr. or Ms. Anonymous, I disagree with the people who have told you that if you have to ask you aren't. If you weren't, you wouldn't even know to ask the question.

Don't waste one more second listening to any of us. You are.
Don't let anyone tell you any differently.

Educate yourself, ask questions, you're in the right place, don't let a number on a test or a nay-sayer stop you.

Forget the moon, go for the stars. If you're not having a good day or you're having some doubts, call me.
PS: I was never going to tell that story, I did. Just for you...

Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; http://twitter.com/rawnaija_gist
Website-; http://exclusiverawnaija.com
Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: