615 Spotlight: Reagan Boggs Talks 'Quicksand' Album, Pearl Jam Cover

Reagan Boggs is what one might call a "throwback artist." Her music definitely sounds like what you might have heard on country radio in the 1970s and 1980s, bringing to mind such legendary ladies as Emmylou Harris or Jessi Colter. It's a sound that definitely shows up in her latest album, "Quicksand." She tells The 615 that she couldn't remember a time when music wasn't a part of her life.

"I grew up in a very rural part of southwest Virginia, and we didn't have cable or anything, so my family played music," she recalled. "By the time I could talk, they were teaching me about playing the guitar. There were a lot of different styles of music that we listened to, starting with bluegrass, obviously. I lived just over the hill from Ralph Stanley. There was also a lot of country music, especially the older style that influenced me. Music has been in my life since I can remember. I can't remember ever not wanting to do it," she says, admitting that her Appalachian upbringing helped to make music a very important part of her make up. "Being from that area had a lot to do with it, I'm sure."

Do you have a story for publication? Send your press release/articles to; exclusiverawnaija@gmail.com

Facebook-; http://facebook.com/exclusiverawnaija
Twitter-; http://twitter.com/rawnaija_gist
Website-; http://exclusiverawnaija.com
Share on Google Plus

About ExclusiveRawNaija

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments: